Friday, November 10, 2006

Hedge Cutting tools

One of the best things I have bought over the last few months has been a tool called a Henchman. This is basically a portable hedge cutting platform which allows you to very safely cut hedges without risking life and limb on scaffolding, ladders or other such crazy things - I know a guy who actually straps a scaffold tower to the back of his trailer and cuts his hedges this way - it works so I don't knock it, but HSE would surely have a blue fit!!

The product I bought (they are actually based in Newbury as well so its even better for local business) was from their professional range - the Midi, which allows you to cut hedges up to 11'6" with ease. Some jobs I have won recently require a higher platform than this - so guess what, they provide an extension device which fits the Midi - now I have just added another meter to my platform.

This tool allow one man operation without loads of hassle.

They are expensive and probably out of most pockets, but as a professional tool - its just brilliant and I cannot live without it - check out www.henchman.co.uk and tell them I sent you!

The other great devise I have is my MP3 player - a Creative Zen Micro - I don't leave home without it - the ear pieces fit under my ear defenders as well so I can bop whilst I cut.

No comments: