Sunday, March 04, 2007

Never thought I would be a "Page 3" Model....

Well what a surprise! Me, a Page 3 Model - read on....

My wife to be (the ever suffering Karen from The Best of Newbury) and I were very kindly invited to the West Berkshire Business Clubs annual Business of the Year Awards dinner by one of the finalists, Nigel Morgan of Morgan PR (my PR Guru as previously described).

Also on our table was Roger Hick of RhD Design and his wife Pam. Roger and Pam are one of my long standing customers who regularly call me to carry out work on their garden. Roger is also in my BNI Chapter too. As it happens, as the evening went on, it came to light that we were at the same school at the same time - we even knew loads of the same people and spent a fair bit of time recounting the weird teachers and various incidents at school that we both knew about!

The event had 3 finalists;

Nigel Morgan of Morgan PR
Robin Winnet of WinIT
Melvyn Byles of Netstationers

The Award was one by Robin Winnet, but I am sure it was a tough choice with 3 really great finalists.

As to the rest of the evening, there was a charity auction, which ended up costing me dearly - never take your misses to an auction...! We ended up buying a day out with Nigel Morgan!!??

All jokes to the side, this will be a really great day at Meridian TV and a chance to see behind the scenes and meet more PR and media people so will really help our businesses moving forward.

Anyway, back to the original story. A few weeks later, I had a few funny phone calls from various people joking about our picture on page 3. It didn't make much sense to me when out on site, but when I got home, the Out and About Magazine was on my desk, opened at page 3.

I must say I look rather dashing (clever photography hid my second chin as commented by my cousin Paul the Plasterer) and the misses looked gorgeous as normal - I will try and get the picture to add to this posting.

No comments: