Sunday, December 02, 2007

Leverage, the Board Game


"Now what are you on about" I hear you cry!

Wife Karen (Irun Solutions) and I were invited over to Nigel and Diane Morgan's of Morgan PR on Friday night to play a Board Game called Leverage. This was devised by Brad Sugars - the founder of Action Coaching and self made billionaire whose seminar we all attended back in October.

The aim of the game is to get you thinking about your business, and business in general in a fun way. This game is quite complicated and Diane had created a spreadsheet to help with some of the calculations required at virtually every throw of the dice (otherwise it would have been a nightmare as the gins got larger!)

We arrived fashionably late....the kids decided that the careful plans we had made for them were not to their liking and so had devised some other dastardly and cunning plans which involved running them the length and breadth of the country ....completely stressing me out!

Nigel quickly picked up on my high stress levels, poured me a "Friday night Special" gin and tonic to get me back to earth! We had a fine fish curry prepared by Diane, then settled down to play.

I turns out that I am the unluckiest player ever and I quickly land on the "oops" areas which basically wipe you out of any profit you make during the game and subject you to all manner of problems with the bank etc. Nigel, being the luckiest geezer I have ever met, romps home to win of course (funny how the banker always wins in Monopoly too!).

Anyway, we had a load of laughs (mostly at my expense), destroyed a bottle of gin and some other strange drinks the Nigel kept appearing with.

Great night guys - I look forward to the return match - I am going to be the banker this time!

No comments: