Tuesday, September 25, 2007

A Rave Review about Garden4You

Its really nice when you get an email out of the blue from a supplier which a review of your service on.

I subscribe to The Best of Newbury which is part of a national web directory type of service who provide me with quite a lot of good customers and enquiries. Part of the service they offer is that customer can review your service and post it against your advert - a really cool idea (if you do a good job of course - not so good if you screw up!!).

Well one of my long standing customers did just that - I thought I would share it with you.

As a bit of background, we first met Kim whilst we were doing a fencing job on the side of the road in Newbury. She got our number off our roadside board and called me. I attach her review for you to read- its quite funny:

"Driving along the Oxford Road on my way back from Waitrose, I spotted these men at work. Well actually, it was their advertising board that I spotted, however it took 4 drive-bys for me to actually be able to read the telephone number that I would definitely be calling!

The thought of another weekend tidying up my garden spurring me on to do yet another drive-by (there's a message here Graham - the board works, but please make the telephone number bigger!).

So, having made the call and the necessary arrangements, I tried them out. I think I had in mind that it would be a one-off, but I’ve continued to use them and with this strange summer, they’re here each week.

In fact, they are now working with me to redesign and rework my existing patio and bank (something of a mammoth task!). Graham’s actively chasing other suppliers that he will manage too. Nevertheless, Graham’s not one to let the grass grow under his feet (pardon the pun!), so he’s got on and cleared the patio space whilst waiting and in preparation for the house painter to arrive (who sadly didn’t arrive when I thought he was coming!). There’s nothing like being ahead of the game!

So, who are these miracle workers you may be asking.... if only I knew all their names (however they respond really well to "erm excuse me.....", "hello thingy", "hi whatshisname", and even "OY!").Notwithstanding my lack of formality with names (or is it a memory thing, I wonder...), it is an absolute delight having Graham and his team of enthusiasts (thingy, whatshisname & OY), working in our garden. Each and every one of them are conscientious, honest, friendly and are always happy to help in any way they can.

The gardens are fairly large, so the new addition to Graham’s workforce in the shape of a ride on mower, has saved them hours of time, and me some money! So, thank you to the team, I’m so glad I found you."


I have some before pictures, but will publish them separately in another posting once the job is completed.

No comments: